Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DP1550

Jake
    Have been patiently waiting on the DP1550. HD guys here look at me strange when I ask if they have them yet. Is there a SKU number yet? I would feel better if the girl on the phone just said "no", rather than one of the "sales professionals" in the Tool Corral. Thanks.

I too have been waiting since last October for the new model to show up or atleast be available for order. Finally my need for a drill press exceeded my patience to wait for the Rigid, so I bought a Delta 17-965.

I realized that if it took this long to get these guys out the door maybe I really didn't want one of the first ones shipped. The flip side to that is that the first batch will probably be highly scrutinized by Ridgid to make sure that their supplier is doing a quality job.

Jake, sorry, I just couldn't wait any longer.

Dan

[ 06-19-2002, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: DustyDan ]

Comment

The units are in stock and are starting to ship, not all areas of the country have recieved the new model yet.

Jake

Comment

My more specific questions was ..." When can I get get one here near Houston? Our 5 local HD store folks aren't even aware there is another drill press. I left my name and number with them on Sunday (Rosenberg store)to let me know what they know and when they know it. "Gonna talk to the inventory manager first thing Monday (this past) and call me right up" she said. Still waiting ........... Delta, hmmm ....

Comment

I live in the Chicago area and I also was waiting for the DP1550 as well. After waiting so long and the guys in the Home Depot Hardware section not knowing anything, I when to the customer service desk and talked to the lady behind the counter. She was able to special order the drill press for me directly from Ridgid. The other reason why the drill presses are taking such a long time is that Home Depot will order the new ones only after the old ones in stock are sold. I just happen to have the slip on the order and the SKU number that Home Depot uses is 300-864 the press was $297.00 all said and done was 316.31 The press came in about 1.5 wks and I can't wait to start using it.

Comment

Working...
          X