Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• router bit ....

hola guys and girls,
    I am installing a router table on the ts 3650, and since I am pretty noobie to the routing scene, what is the name of the router bit required to do a slot in the router table as seen in the following link.

http://home.carolina.rr.com/rcprice/

§m€llŸ™

Re: router bit ....

The groove in the table would be quite easy to cut with a straight edge and a 3/4" straight cut bit. I would cut it in 2 or 3 passes, rather than trying to hog out all that material at once. One thing I would suggest is to buy a piece of aluminum extrusion to mount in the groove, to act as the guide. Such pieces are available for cheap at a large number of on line woodworking stores. If you don't use the extrusion, the groove will eventually develop a large amount of slop in the width due to wear. That will defeat the purpose of having the groove in the first place. Actually, I have built quite a few router tables over the years and never seen the need for a miter groove in any of them. I prefer to fabricate a sled that rides along the fence and holds the work piece square with the direction of travel.

Comment

well now that is a fine piece of advice , if the grouve is not really required , I will not add one at this time.
      §m€llŸ™

Comment

I agree with Artmann. On the last router table I built, I went through the trouble of measuring, marking, remeasuring and routing a groove, but have not used it once! If you really want one, get an insert.
        ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
        X