X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stacked Dado on TS2412

When I use a stacked dado on my TS2412, there is play in one of the chipper blades located above the space between the threads and shoulder of the arbor. This creates a small groove at the bottom of the dado. Pushing up slighly on the bottom of this specific chipper while tightening mostly remedies this problem. However it makes for timely set-up and needs to be compensated for every time I loosen the arbor (adding/removing spacers to achieve the desired width). Is there an arbor that I can retrofit to my saw that will allow the dado to work better?

[This message has been edited by dennism (edited 03-29-2001).]

Dennis,

There is an arbor that you can get that will remedy that problem. Some of the earlier arbors had rolled threads instead of cut threads, causing a slight diameter change from the shoulder to the threads. Call 1-800-4RIDGID and talk to Customer Service, and they will send you a complete arbor housing assembly at no charge. The arbor itself is a press fit, so it is necessary to include the complete housing. It’s not hard to change and instructions are included with the housing.

Jake

Comment

How often do you see this kind of service?

------------------

Comment

Would this apply to a 2424? I bought a Freud Super Dado and it seems to be a piece of junk at $160.00! My old Sears wobble dado cuts as good a dado. I was going to write a nasty letter to Freud but when I saw this post I wonder if the saw is at fault. How does one check this out? Any help is much appreciated as I am really disappointed in the dado head.

Comment

Ham, call 1-800-4RIDGID.

Dave

Comment

I received my replacement arbor assembly from Ridgid at no charge. I installed it (although it was missing instalation instructions), and now my stacked dado works MUCH better (and saves a lot of setup time), It took me about 45 min to figure out and execute the switch, but it was time well spent. Ridgid sent out the part and I received it within 5 business days (Thanks Ridgid). If your replacment is missing the instructions email me @ dnamaw@aros.net and I can give you some basic beta to get through it.

Comment

Jake, would I be left out, having the Craftsman mod. #315.228310? I called Ridgid cust. service and they were unaware of the problem.
              Thanks,
              Travis

Comment

Travis,

Let me check with one of our old craftsman gurus. If the arbor would fix your problem, of course I wouldn't be able to get you one under warranty, but you could purchase one. Go to www.ridgidparts.com. and look under the parts listing for the TS2424

Jake

Comment

Working...
                X