X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glue Up

Boy, glue up can be a real PIA. Just can't seem to move fast enough to get it all spread and then clamped up. Talk about sweatin' bullets. And hope to heaven everything matched up right. Wheeew, just starting to cool off.

I'm gluing up the legs and aprons for a 72"wX16"dX36"h 2 drawer shaker table for the LOML. During planning I was worrying about not having clamps long enough for the job. Wood Newsletter to the rescue. I don't know if any of you get this newsletter, but mine came 2 days ago with a tip that came in real handy this evening.
    http://www.woodmagazine.com/wood/fil...er/6-11-07.htm

Who'd a thunk that I could clamp a 67" section with two dinky 24" clamps. Worked like a charm, and didn't cost me a cent because I used scrap 1/4" plywood strips.
    Hector

Re: Glue Up

That's a pretty neat trick. I think I'd add a square to the mix to make sure the clamps aren't drawing in the side boards too much. That plywood piece might have a tendency to bow if the clamps are over tightened. The part about going back and forth between clamps and tightening them up slowly is also good advice.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
    X