Guide Clamp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guide Clamp

Anyone out there tried the 50'' GUIDE CLAMP from Harbor Freight? Thety have them for half the price I've seen every where else. Can't seem to find them at Sears or Farm and Fleet
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=93589
    Please check out my web page
    www.woodandwax.net

Re: Guide Clamp

I would be a little skeptical about the stoutness of that clamps. Assuming you want to use this clamps as a guide to cut down sheet goods, I would test it in the store to see whether or not it bows in the middle when pressure is put on it.

Rockler sells that style of clamp, it's called the All In One Clamp. Of course it's more money than the HF version but it's also less money then some others of similar design. If you watch for it, Rockler has had this clamp on sale on occasion for around $26.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

That's the same concern I have. I guess cheap is just that some times. Guess I'll check out Sears this weekend.
      www.woodandwax.net

Comment

Another plus of the All-In-One clamp is it is made by Emerson (check the clamp handle and you'll see).
        "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
        John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

Good one Bob. E. Emerson Tool Co.

Comment

DOH! Didn't notice it is E. Emerson Tool, I take it this is not the same company as Emerson Tool, parent of RIDGID. Which explains why I never found any reference to the All-In-One on the Emerson web site.

It's stilll a well made clamp I think, I have a 50" and a 24". I made my own stop block which rides the groove on the top of the clamp and locks down using a 1/4" T-bolt. I bought the router base plate but looking back it probably would not have been too difficult to make my own.
            "When we build let us think we build forever. Let it not be for present delight nor for present use alone. Let it be such work that our descendants will thank us for, and let us think, as we lay stone upon stone, that a time is to come when these stones will be held sacred because our hands have touched them, and that men will say, as they look upon the labor and wrought substance of them, "See! This our fathers did for us."
            John Ruskin (1819 - 1900)

Comment

looks like I'll be buying the E-Emerson.
              Thanks Guys
              www.woodandwax.net

Comment

sauk_98,

If you don't want to wait for Rockler to put these on sale, Amazon has a pretty good price and freight is included.

Comment

Working...
                X