X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rip Fence Question

Hey everyone, since I just completed the installation of my new 3650 I though I would post a question. First off, I must thank everyone who has posted on this Forum, the information was invaluable. I don't know how many nights I've spent over the last few weeks reading every single post dealing with the 3650 saw. You've made my purchsing decision much easier and less stressful.

My question; for some reason my rip fence is not perfectly perpendicular to the table. I have looked everywhere and cannot find any information how to correct the problem.

When I set my LV square on the table, it may be off by about 1/16 to 3/32" from the top of the rip fence to the bottom.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bob D., love your extension table design, as well as the 4" dust extraction setup. I will eventually incorporate in my new saw.

Thank again for all your help.

Re: Rip Fence Question

Welcome aboard Mark,

I am glad that everyone's posts on the TS-3650 help guide you in your purchase and hopefully were of assistance during assembly.

On your fence Q I am not sure I understand in which plane you are saying the fence is out of square. Is it the table to the face (vertical side) of the fence, or are you talking square to the blade and miter slot(s).

I found the face of my fence to be slightly out of square with the table. Not sure if I am using the correct names for the following fence parts but there are four screws the fasten the fence to the head which rides the front rail. I put two paper shims (~0.005") under the right side screws(for my fence). This rolled the fence the approx. one degree to the left it needed to be square to the table.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Thanks Bob, that's what I thougth, but before throwing my fence out of whack with the blade, I just wanted to make sure. Used one shim that came with the saw hardware. Seems to be pretty close. After tightening all bolts, minor adjustement was needed to square up to the blade. Still need to get a dial indicator to confirm everything, but using a digital calliper, and small temporary jig, all seems well. I may just leave it this way for now.

Thanks for gettign back to me so quickly.

While I have your ear, sort of speak. On your extension table, how is the fixed part of the table fastened to the bolts which are attached to the square tubing. In the picture they seem to be just resting on top of them, but I know that wouldn't be possible. Could they be epoxied in, maybe. Please do tell.

Thanks, hopefully some day soon, i will be contributing as well, instead of asking questions.
      Last edited by mark from ottawa; 06-16-2007, 08:33 PM.

Comment

You guessed it, They are 4" carriage bolts set in from the top in a counterbored hole to sink the head below the table top. I then filled the counterbore in with wood filler so there would not be anything to collect duct or chips and such. On the underside a ran a nut and washer up against the botton of the table to lock the bolt in.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X