X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Router wing insert for rigid table saw

Does anyone have experience with installing a router wing setup into the rigid 10" tablesaw? I have a small shop and think I'd rather have the router on the tablesaw. Saw one somewhere for about $350.

Re: Router wing insert for rigid table saw

Hi Jlloyd!

Welcome to the forums. If you use the search function above, and type in router extension, you'll find a lot of hits. There's an active post, about two down from this about it, as a matter of fact.

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=10115
    I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

I've been looking at these myself, and was not sure whether I wanted to build my own insert, or buy a pre-made. I ended up buying a small benchtop table from Rockler because it was a great deal (~$50), but kind of wish I had ponied up the extra dough for the table-saw insert.

They make an insert for $179 that seems pretty nice from what I can tell (http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=2212). Plus, if you sign up for their e-mail list, they often send out 20-25% discount coupons, so you could save yourself a nice chunk of change if you can wait.

I should add my usual disclaimer that I'm a complete newbie to the forum and to woodworking, so don't make your decision on any of my comments alone. I've received SO much help on the folks in this forum, I feel like I need to try to contribute occasionally instead of just leaching all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by angus810 View Post
        <snip>
        I should add my usual disclaimer that I'm a complete newbie to the forum and to woodworking, so don't make your decision on any of my comments alone. I've received SO much help on the folks in this forum, I feel like I need to try to contribute occasionally instead of just leaching all the time.

Two points, Angus810. Even newbies come up with some interesting tips so don't underestimate yourself. Point two is that contribution of information and asking questions is how this board operates. If no one asks no one answers. If everyone keeps the answer to themselves everyone misses out and there's no reason for this forum - or the internet for that matter.

Have a good one,
        Chiz
        Later,
        Chiz

Comment

Working...
        X