X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how flat is the top of your ts3650?

I was checking the top of my 3650 tonight with a straight edge. the center section is flat but from the center section to the left and right wings there's about 1/16" drop when holding the straight edge tight on the center section. I noticed this when I was checking my router extenstion. then checked the oposite side and it's the same way. I could see this only affecting when cutting large sheets. it would change the angle to the blade.

Re: how flat is the top of your ts3650?

It sounds to me like a shim or two where the wings are joined with the center section will level the wings up. I'm pretty sure the procedure to do that is cover in the Owners Manual.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I agree with Badger. A shim or 2 should fix that.
      My 3612 is the same way and I have not shimmed it to correct that. It hasn't made a difference in my cuts so I wont be correcting it unless I get really bored.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I looked quickly at the manual and noticed where they show you can put a small shim between the extension and the table. I think all that would do is shim out one end of the extension. in my case it almost looks like the far end of the extension on both sides needs to raise 1/16".

Comment

Mine is flat all the way across.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffntanya View Post
            I looked quickly at the manual and noticed where they show you can put a small shim between the extension and the table. I think all that would do is shim out one end of the extension. in my case it almost looks like the far end of the extension on both sides needs to raise 1/16".
            If you place the shim at the bottom of the seam where the tables meet, then tighten the bolts, it will force the outermost edges of the extension tables to rise slightly.
            Conversely, if you were to put the shim in the upper half of the seam, the outer edges would drop some as you tightened the bolts.

You're essentially changing the angle where the two tables butt together this way.

Comment

I dont think 1/16" out of flat at the far ends of the extensions is a problem if your table is flat. Mine is at least that far out of flat and I've cut 4x6 sheets on it accurately. If it bothers you, and I get it if it does bother you, jbateman describes the solution.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

When I first put my 3650 together about three months ago, I noticed the wings were flat but tilted slightly upwards -- about 1/64" when checked with a straight edge. I did not shim the wings. Now that some time has passed, they are still tilted slightly upwards, but only about 3-4 thousandths of an inch. I am guessing gravity and time will eventually help the wings settle into a perfectly flush condition.

Comment

Working...
                X