X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid vac hose

While I was at HD looking at stuff, I spotted a new "professional" 10 foot Ridgid brand shop vac hose. It was (I think) $35!!! Yikes!! I was wanting a longer one and gave it a look. I managed to get one end out of the box window and looked inside. Mind you this is advertised as a 2 1/2" hose but the inside of the hose was maybe 1 1/2"??? It was really choked down from what it should be. A big load of sawdust will kill that off in no time.

I'd hate to see the inside of the 1 1/2" hose!! LOL I passed on that one and will make do with my worn out Genie's until I can find some good pool hose!

Mark

Re: Ridgid vac hose

I think you might like this better. Be sure to look at both links.

http://www.shopvac.com/detail.asp?id=185 (2-1/2 x 10 foot hose)

http://www.shopvac.com/detail.asp?id=193 (hose connector) - Ridgid part number for it is: VT2511 which you might find at Home Depot.

You should be able to find them locally. I would check at first at Lowes, then HD and ACE and Walmart. If you just can't find them, then maybe order online.

Please note that what they call 2/1/2 hose is much closer to 2 inches inside diameter for most of it. I saw the Ridgid "Pro" hose and didn't like it.
    Last edited by Woussko; 06-22-2007, 11:23 PM.

Comment

Re: Ridgid vac hose

I was on the Lowes site last night and saw the 10 foot Genie hose. Think i'll be going for that one. My poor old 6 footer is about shot!!

I see the "wire reinforced" hoses on eBay all the time but i'm leary of them. I've seen some that when you pull a hard suction on the hose, they pull up to about 2 feet long! LOL Like a slinky. Not what i'm interested in.

Mark
      Congratulations to Mr. "the sky is falling" Al Gore, nominated the new Village Idiot!

Comment

Working...
      X