X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jig Saw recommendations under $75.00

Looking for a jig saw that is under $75.00; mostly for cutting out the holes for outlets, windows and curves on some shelves,

Re: Jig Saw recommendations under $75.00

This model receives favorable feedback from some that own one. Don't own one personally so this is just second hand info being passed on.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I bought a small Makita Jigsaw about 15 years ago and have been completely happy with it. It's just about bullet-proof, I think. You can still get them for about $70.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
        This model receives favorable feedback from some that own one. Don't own one personally so this is just second hand info being passed on.
        Actually, in searching the internet this model gets a number of terrible reviews.

Comment

What do you expect, you're the one who set the $75 ceiling. I guarantee that you will not find a jigsaw for $75 or less that gets glowing reviews. A $75 or less jigsaw will be adequate at best.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Consider the Bosch 1587avs, reconditioned. Its $85 at cpobosch.com You wont find a better jigsaw at this price. I bought one and its excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by BENWANNABE View Post
              Looking for a jig saw that is under $75.00; mostly for cutting out the holes for outlets, windows and curves on some shelves,
              No offense intended, but at that price point, you're pretty much guaranteed that any jig saw you buy is going to be junk.

Harbor Freight sells a bunch of cheap tools so I'd look to them.

http://www.harborfreightusa.com/usa/...h.subcatid=102

Comment

I have the Ryobi JS550LK . It's not the best jig saw in the world, but I've found it surprisingly adequate for the price. It certainly offer a wide variety of features for the price, (using Bosch blade) it cuts very nice, is aggresive and powerful enough.

Personally, I find the laser annoying, as I prefer to watch the blade on the line, and the laser simply gets in the way (IMO). On a recent project where I was cutting through some 100 year old hardwood subfloor, the laser drifted of to the left, but it was easily adjusted (there's and adjustment setscrew). On that particular job, the motor also got rather warm. But, this stuff was hard and I ate up a blade on it.

Vibration-wise, it passes the usual magazine test quite nicely (how far will it drift when running, hands free) I tryed this out and the Ryobi stayed fairly still, drifting only about 3/4 of an inch after a 1-minute run.

The JS550LK has tooless, quick-blade change and shoe adjustment. Has a 4-position switch for orbit, a scrolling head, vacuum pickup w/integral blade storage, and variable speed. Price is right at $70 as I recall, including case, edge guide, and two blades. Ryobi also offers a 30-day satisfaction guarantee and a 2-year warranty.

Here is a link to the product page: http://www.ryobitools.com/powertools/tool/js550lk

I hope this helps.

CWS

Comment

For what you are looking to use it for, I have a Skil jigsaw the wife bought me for christmas that works just fine. They can be found at Menards even Wal-Mart for between 35 and 75 dollars. I believe it would work fine.
                  I like orange tools!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X