X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table saw blades

I'll be cutting some oak plywood for my next project, and it's the first time I'll be using my table saw for cutting plywood.

I have the stock blade, and a Freud Diablo 80 tooth blade (from HD). Would the Diablo be a solid choice for cutting the plywood, or do I need to look at a different blade for that?

I'll also be making some cuts with my circular saw. I have a plywood blade for that (40 tooth I think), but I'm wondering if I need something else for oak plywood.

This will be my first attempt at building some "real" furniture (bookcase and toybox), so I don't want to screw it up with a bad blade right off the bat. I also plan to buy a rip blade since I have some solid oak to cut as well.

Re: Table saw blades

The 80T Diablo should do a great job....try it out with a test cut. Use a ZCI, make sure it's clean and sharp, and that the saw is well aligned, and you'll be good to go.

If you need a better cut than you get from the 80T Diablo, you'll need to step up to a Hi-ATB 80T ply/veneer/melamine blade like the Freud LU79, LU80, Infinity, or Forrest Duraline, but the odds are good that your Diablo will do just fine.

Comment

Working...
    X