X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid jointer outfeed table stuck.

I went to adjust the outfeed table the other day and after I loosend the table lock and went to make the adjustment but I can not get the table to move. I can trn the handle about a half of a turn either way but thats it. Anyone have some advice??

Re: Ridgid jointer outfeed table stuck.

You will need to loosen the grub screws along the back.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

Thanks for the help, after that and a little bit of elbow grease I got it to move. Now I have another question. I readjusted the table because I was unable to get a square board.After readjustment I am still unable to get a square board. What else could cause this??
      Last edited by wkmaylish; 06-30-2007, 05:20 PM.

Comment

The jointer will give you one flat edge. To square the board, you'll need to finish it off on a table saw. If by square board you meant flat edge, never mind.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
          The jointer will give you one flat edge. To square the board, you'll need to finish it off on a table saw. If by square board you meant flat edge, never mind.
          If the knives, tables and fence are set up right, the jointer will produce not only one flat edge, but one that is square with the side you held against the fence. So, after checking the fence, I'd make sure the blades are parallel with the tables.

-Steve

Comment

Help with setup;

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/sho...=jointer+setup
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

When I say a square board, I mean I planed one side, jointed the edge and made a cut with the table saw then check with the square. I have checked the fence and the outfeed table and have them setup up correctly next thing is to check the blades.Thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
              X