X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ground Fault Keeps tripping on oscillating sander EB4424

I bought the sander a few months ago and just now was able to pull it out of the box. It trips the ground fault circuit after about one second. I use all my other tools on this outlet, table saw, band saw, shop vac etc. Looking at the troubleshooting guide that came with the tool it looks like it may be the relay. Does this sound like the problem? Has anyone else had this problem?

darrin

Re: Ground Fault Keeps tripping on oscillating sander EB4424

Your GFCI receptacle is protecting you from getting zapped. Please do yourself a big favor and take the sander to a good power tool repair shop and tell them to give it an "Insulation Breakdown" test. Let them know it trips your GFCI receptacle but your other tools don't. You might get warrenty service since from what you claim this tool has had very little use.

The important thing is not to try to keep using the sander as is.

Comment

Re: Ground Fault Keeps tripping on oscillating sander EB4424

Another possibility is that the GFCI outlet is bad <or else "oversensitive">. It might be worth moving the unit to another GFCI outlet in the house, and see if it does the same thing.

As an interesting data point, I originally hooked up my flourescent lights in my shop to a GFCI plug, and it tripped the plug every time I turned them on. I had to move them to another outleg <shrug>.

Disclaimer--I am not an electrician!

Comment

Working...
      X