X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Dream Tool Comes Home

My dream tool folder is pretty full of all the tools that I think I might need/want, but it's not emptying very quickly. Just dreams anyway.

A few months back my local Lowes started closing out one of my dream tools, the Delta 50-760 Dust Collector. It was reduced to $300, which was a $50 savings. Still just a dream. As the moths slipped by the price kept dropping, but it was still in the dream category. Well last week I was in Lowes looking for a router bit, and getting real frustrated because after going through them all, I couldn't find what I wanted. As I was leaving the aisle I saw the Delta DC floor display and blew right past it in my frustrated state, but by the time I got to the door I thought about what the price was and didn't remember seeing it. So back to the aisle I went. No price sticker on the front so I looked at the back and couldn't believe my eyes. It was reduced $202, down to $147. I rolled it right down to the cashier and bought that sucker. To make the deal sweter, when I was registering it on line at the Delta site I checked for rebates. It has a $30 rebate that I can qualify for. One of my dream tools has come home for $117. Check your Lowes if you're looking for a dust collector. You just might find one stuffed in a weird aisle.

Re: A Dream Tool Comes Home

Great score Hector B

Love it when that kind of deal happens

Now you get to design a DC system, or have you already planned that?
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Thanks for the tip. I will check my Lowes. I use the crappy AP300(the small one w/ the single bag-upgraed to 5 micron).
      You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

Akita
        Good scores come by so seldom that I'm still breathless.

Jbergstrom
        I haven't planned a DC system, and don't know that I will. In my one car garage the 5' hose that comes with the unit reaches my tablesaw and bandsaw without needing to even move the DC. If I can jockey some more room out there I might find a place to permanently stick the DC and make pipe runs, but I'm not there yet.

I have a small question. Do I still need to run a ground wire between the DC and whatever equipment I've got it connected to?

Comment

Wood dust moving through a plastic pipe will create static electricity. It's enough to create a decent spark. To be safe, a ground wire is recommended. I find the problem more prevalent on the shop-vac than the DC, for some reason.
          I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Sweeeet deal, Hector B!! I'm impressed.
            Later,
            Chiz

Comment

Working...
            X