Home Depot turning into Sears????

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot turning into Sears????

I came across an interesting post today. From what t his guy is saying, Home Depot is going to be getting rid of competing tool lines Makita, DeWalt, Bosch, others. I already can't find a tool worth buying at Menards b/c they sell so many tooltech products, Sears has crapsman, looks like home Depot may be going to Ridgid only

if this is true, I think it's crappy.

http://talk.woodmagazine.com/default...377203___6___1

Jake

The last time I was at Sears, they had just as much Dewalt and Makita as Craftsman.
    I had a Sears 12 volt drill for six years and it
    served me well.

Comment

I have been in sears tool department 2 times in the last 3 months. First time they had a bit of everything like you mentioned. About 3 weeks ago, I went and all the Delta and other stuff was gone. All the large free standing powertools were craftsman. Still had the handhelds that were multi vendors.

That store has an identity crisis. They don' thave a clue who their target market is.

Jake

Comment

Interesting. The post I linked up from WOOD ONLINE magazine no longer exists. It's totally gone from the post, along with a post about sale at Blain's farm & fleet on Delta.

*scratching head*

Wonder if that site does not allow posts of stores???

WIERD!!!!

I just made a post regarding the 2 missing links. See if it gets deleted too.

Jake

Comment

Home depot is not that stupid. Not yet at least.
          Sears has a small amount of non craftsman tools. I could see hd having a smaller amount of non-ryobi tools.
          www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I've seen stupider things happen every day of my life. Today my sister had a car dealer screw her out of 300 dollars. She authorized them to do service work, called me and I got them to agree to stop work. They quoted her too high a price by 300 dollars and I knew a place where she should go. 30 minutes later, they phoned her and told her her car was done after I spoke with them to and they told me they would not work on the car and I could pick it up. They fixed it anyway. FARGIN BASTAGES. After and hour on hte phone I got their price down to what the other place was gonna charge, but only after wasting an hour of my time pulling teeth with service manager telling me his parts cost more than the total cost installed at the muffler shop YEAH RIGHT.

Did I mention my family bought 3 cars from them in 12 months because of me. now thats' STUPID.

Finally, I got a response to my post on woodonline. 2 forum posts replied to my post and one of them said he removed the 2 posts on the basis of they violated the forum policy.

Jake

Comment

Hey thats why God invented Northern Tool, Tool King, Amazon and a host of other places. Ofcourse this could be a credit card conspiracy. Who knows what evil lerks...........
              If a butterfly didn\'t have wings, they\'d call it a butterwalk.

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
                Interesting. The post I linked up from WOOD ONLINE magazine no longer exists. It's totally gone from the post, along with a post about sale at Blain's farm & fleet on Delta.

*scratching head*

Wonder if that site does not allow posts of stores???

WIERD!!!!

I just made a post regarding the 2 missing links. See if it gets deleted too.

Jake
                That site has some very strange rules. They don't allow anything that they consider advertising except when the moderators themselves want to push something. Whats good for the goose is not good for the gander at the WOOD site. They will allow you to talk about a specific deal or sale that is happening but only if you're not the originator of the thread.

[ 01-22-2004, 08:45 AM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
                I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

If you check their online site, I posted a follow up to figure out what happened called " site management" Got some interesting responses.

I think it boils down to don't let the hand that feeds you get tarnished. Somebody mentioned the latest issue of wood gave away a free Ridgid tablesaw and I remembered seeing that myself. Corporate sponsorship. I guess that means that we will be seeing some good ridgid tool reviews coming up soon too.. LOL

< now starting to wonder if the tool reviews in these magazines are legitimate or just who spends the most on my magazine .. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm >

Jake

Comment

[img]smile.gif[/img] at you all !
                    Is it possible the tools carried are store dependent??
                    I was in one last weekend to get shop vac bags and the whole lower level was filled with tools. Yes - I bet 50-60% were Craftsman but I expected that being Sears store. They had some Delta,DW,PC,Makita,Bosch and maybe some additional I did not notice.Not the full lines in any but quite a variety nontheless. Looked at a lot out of curiosity due to price tag shopping
                    Sure hope they do not just go "private" - I have used the price guarentee there a few times in past when others had sales to save some money.
                    \"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
                      If you check their online site, I posted a follow up to figure out what happened called " site management" Got some interesting responses.

I think it boils down to don't let the hand that feeds you get tarnished. Somebody mentioned the latest issue of wood gave away a free Ridgid tablesaw and I remembered seeing that myself. Corporate sponsorship. I guess that means that we will be seeing some good ridgid tool reviews coming up soon too.. LOL

< now starting to wonder if the tool reviews in these magazines are legitimate or just who spends the most on my magazine .. hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm >

Jake
                      Over many years I have noticed same thing especially with respect to Delta and Jet. Ironic maybe but they were always the top rated or nearly so and the ads within were mainly guess who
                      Take a peek at any old magazine(s)over a period of years - I think you will similar trends. To my way of thinking I always have taken reviews with the belief the things are half unbiased and the other ad revenue related.
                      Money does everything and everywhere I guess. Consumer Reports I believe is the exception. Or so I am told.
                      \"NowhereMan, are you listenin\', do you know what you\'re missin\', NowhereMan....\" Fab Four

Comment

Smokin Joe, I think you are right on the nose. Did you check the post I left on woodonline. It's actually interesting. I got a lot of heated responses. So far it's up to 22 responses. Maybe an alltime high for that posting.. LOL

Her'es a new link in case you're interested. Hope they dont' take this one down too.
                        http://talk.woodmagazine.com/default...377347___6___1

Comment

Agree

Suppose Sales and AR Department has to have some influence on editors and writers as the ad revenue makes up bulk of cash inflow.

Can you imagine somebody really doing a real negative takedown article on an large advertiser/sponser and then walking into the Corporate door of same entity and trying to place some more future business.

Suspect the door would be politely slammed in his face or at least a "no thanks or a try after your next review"

The wheels are indeed greased - I do not care what anyone says it has to influence decisions.

Rip me and try to get in my pocketbook

Comment

Hey Guys,

I've got a story for you about corprate sponsorship influence. 2 years ago a senior test editer at a mountain bike magazine gave a scolding review for a new very expensive product from one of their largest advertisers. The manufacturer was "out raged" they claimed that they have an extensive in house test procedure and wanted the review recanted or they would pull their adds. The editer then called to task their process of in house testing, that it is not real world and he would stand by his review because he "owed to his readers his utmost honesty" so the readers could trust their product reveiws. Well the company pulled their adds, the magazine lost money and 1 year later the editor was fired under the guise of Editorial Redirection. The next issue...The adds were back.

Comment

Hey Guys,

I've got a story for you about corprate sponsorship influence. 2 years ago a senior test editer at a mountain bike magazine gave a scolding review for a new very expensive product from one of their largest advertisers. The manufacturer was "out raged" they claimed that they have an extensive in house test procedure and wanted the review recanted or they would pull their adds. The editer then called to task their process of in house testing, that it is not real world and he would stand by his review because he "owed to his readers his utmost honesty" so the readers could trust their product reveiws. Well the company pulled their adds, the magazine lost money and 1 year later the editor was fired under the guise of Editorial Redirection. The next issue...The adds were back.
                              Gotta love corporate America!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X