How do I bevel this top on dresser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How do I bevel this top on dresser

I noticed the rounding on your boards and was curious why that happened, I have done many tapered legs and never had that happen. What was your depth of cut set at? I usually use about 1/8" but perhaps since the taper is so short you need to go with a shallow passes at 1/16"?

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
      I noticed the rounding on your boards and was curious why that happened, I have done many tapered legs and never had that happen. What was your depth of cut set at? I usually use about 1/8" but perhaps since the taper is so short you need to go with a shallow passes at 1/16"?
      I did 1/8th. I think it might have been when the board rested on the outfeed table after the blade dug into it , i might have raised it a fraction to pull it through the blade which would of caused this.I will try it again with another board sometime soon an maybe report back.

As far as tapering legs on a jointer I would of used a taper jig for the TS.I find it easy to taper on jointer but you do have to watch that line very close and your pressure in order for it no to be wavy.Where as the taper jig is made for that. Have you used a taper jig and if so is there a reason you use the jointer instead?

Comment

Never really liked the taper jig, I just run 3 passes at 1/8" and call it done. I fine tune with a hand plane but that is only to produce a surface ready for finish, the difference between the taper in the legs is barely noticeable when they are all stacked together, never noticeable on the corners of a table.

Comment

Working...
        X