X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS3650 arbor

I know that most of you will be sick to death of hearing about this dam saw but here it goes.
    I am happy with the saw ( first one though)
    I appreciate all the comments and tips on getting a replacement.
    I just sent my e-mail to RIDGID see how long it takes for a response.

Later guys. : [img]smile.gif[/img]

If you get too too impatient, try telephoning them at the number on the back of the manual.

Same toll-free number for non-US calls too apparently.

Got my arbor day before yesterday. Wait was only 4 business days from the day I called.

Comment

Unfortunately the arbor was the same length as the originally flawed arbor, and to date no senior members have backed up claims that all saws have arbors of the same length as the 3650 repacement arbor.

Saga continues I guess.

Comment

One note song!
        Dave

Comment

Might that be DO, DO, DO, DO? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

the Length of the arbor was never an issue. It is what is expected for a contractor grade tilting arbor saw.

Its not ridgids fault you didnt read freuds requirements for a dial a dado, Or refuse to accept that the Arbor nut is all that is needed to Hold a stack set on.

Comment

Just signed on here. Was at the HD and never thought to take out the insert plate.

How long is the arbor exactly?
              Takes a man to suffer ignorance and smile.

Comment

Welcome!
                Arbor is 1 1/8" long.
                Lorax
                "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

I once was going to buy a new car. Just as was making my decission a recall on it appeared on TV for a flaw in the gas tank that could let it fall out and explode in a 12 mph rear impact.
                  I did not buy that model of car. If that simple and common of a thing for every vehicle was such a design flaw, moreso was less common things a flaw?

Nice avitar Lorax!
                  John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Just bought the RIDGID TS3650 DOES ANY BODY HAVE A PIC OF THE OLD AND NEW ARBOR

Comment

Here's the pic. Did you buy the 3650 before or after you learned of the problem? (they're pretty good about returns...)

Comment

Have had the 3650 for about a month now. I like the saw just fine, but at first bought a cheap dado set and the bottom of my dados was not flat at all.

I just ordered the Freud SD508 but haven't tried it yet. Don't know if original problem was arbor or blade. Was going to buy the SD608, but after seeing a post that said someone else had bought the SD608 and couldn't use it on the Ridgid I did the calculations and realized it wouldn't work.

Just for grins I went to Sears and measured their model 922124 the professional model with the Biesemeyer fence and it also had a 1 1/8" arbor. So we're not the only ones with short arbors....

Comment

Working...
                        X