X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My first dresser

Thanks to the help on this forum for the Euro Hinges I used on door and the Bevel underneath.
    This is all maple. 6 draws, two doors with two pull out shelves and a staionary shelve. Fiddleback maple on door panels, legs and top. 2 coats of Poly in this picture.
    It was pretty difficult for me to get all 6 draws an doors to line up and look nice and close fairly smooth.
    The door panels are solid maple resawed and then glued up and passed through a sander down to 1/4inch.
    Boy this thing is heavy!

Thanks for looking an again thanks much for the help.

Craig

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment
    Attached Files

Re: My first dresser

Great job! I like the clean lines.

Comment

Very nice work! I just picture this in my head half as tall and without doors/drawers and it would make an excellent stand for my HDTV
      How much wood could a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Comment

Originally posted by AngryBeaver View Post
        Very nice work! I just picture this in my head half as tall and without doors/drawers and it would make an excellent stand for my HDTV
        This thing is 44 inch tall!

Comment

Woodchuck, Beautiful dresser.........you should be proud Could you give a few details on the finishing of the dresser...it looks great.

Comment

Wow, Woodchuck, that's fantastic!!! Nice finish, beautiful joinery! I love that tiger maple look. Really pretty wood, and such a great job of putting it together nicely.
            I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Nice work... that is really beautiful.

Comment

Originally posted by TerryD View Post
                Woodchuck, Beautiful dresser.........you should be proud Could you give a few details on the finishing of the dresser...it looks great.
                Thanks,
                It was sanded to 220 and then one coat of Minwas Poly fast dry and then sanded with steel wool and some areas 400.Then another coat sand with 400 and then another etc. I put 5 coats on top and three on front an sides. Nothing fancy im not that good at finishing. I did try Blo, Linseed oil and lacquer but it didnt bring out fiddleback very well without that yellow of the poly.
                Delivered it today.They loved it. If they didnt I wanted it!

Comment

Working...
                X