X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid 3612 in a mobile bench...

Just curious, anyone out there taken their 3612 (or 2424, or other similar sized models) off the OEM stands, and mounted them in some sort of mobile bench like one from the 'Little Shop that Could' series, or a modified 'Ultimate Tool Stand'?

Pictures, comments, concerns?

TIA,

Monte

Have an old Craftsman---same size as 3612---was thinking about making a mobile cabinet, like in Shopnotes #50 (I think), but went for a plan mobile base----since I need to move it around, the cabinet seemed like it would just be too heavy.
    Dave

Comment

Know what stopped me? There's no really good way to have the thing locked out of the wheel mode...we all know locking casters don't do squat on these tables...if you really wanna move one it's no trouble. Imagine a huge & heavy sheet of 1" ply...would your new saw support stay put? I prefer the set that came with my 2424...when I step on that release and the wheels go up, my saw doesn't move for anything. I like that.
      Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

What about something like floor locks (look on Northern Tool for an example) They jack the whole thing up when actuated. I'd imagine one in each corner, each lifting the casters about 1/4" off the floor would be pretty stable, no?

Monte

Comment

Not bad...those would work well. I made a rolling table to hold all my TS goodies (most of which I haven't made or bought yet)...but for others wanting to put a cabinet under the saw, that's a great idea!
          Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Working...
          X