X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jointer recommendation?

Can someone recommend a good jointer, under a $100 if possible. I will make about 30 joins a month.
    Accuracy is my priority.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

The job of a jointer is to make boards flat and straight so they will make good joints. I considered my Ridgid 610 an extraordinary value at about $450. Recently some have been available for under $400.

There are some smaller, tabletop jointers that are available for a lower cost, but they are only good if you need small pieces of wood - they lack the long table to hold a long board flat as it is being cut.

Since most jointers cost $600 or more, could you have been looking for a plate joiner (biscuit cutter) or some other tool?

Comment

I did mean biscuit.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

I have the Freud JS100 and it works well. It does not have a variable angle fence like the JS102 but for what I have done so far, I haven't needed the variable angle fence. The slots it cuts are accurate and it is easy to switch between the different biscuit sizes. Adjusting the fence is quite simple - it slides up and down and has a lock lever to set it at the position you want. The dust bag is very effective and it comes in a hard shell case. The JS100 should be around $100 or just over.

Comment

In the price range you mentioned, I doubt if you can buy better quality than the Freud.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I wasn't aware that freud made one for that price.
            I saw a dewalt for $170, which is way more than I want to spend. ]
            Thanks for the advice
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
            X