X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVLP questions

I've been looking into getting an HVLP gun for a while now and finally got around to looking up info on it. My main use is going to for spraying poly and laquer on furniture like small tables but will also be doing some larger stuff like doors and possibly some cabinets. Unfortunately all the info I've found online has just left me with even more questions. There are people who recommend nothing but turbine type systems, others say only compressor systems. Then there are those that claim the turbine type burn motors too easily or the compressor type works the pump too hard and spew out humidity. The compressor types seem to require huge capacity compressors. What type of nozzles are required? Anyway, I figure I'll get some better answers here since I'm sure many of you use it for similar work and already have experience with what works best.

Re: HVLP questions

Lacquer and poly are comparatively thin, so you can get good results with a lot less sprayer than if you wanted to spray latex. I'm a home user and have gotten very good results spraying poly (about 4 gallons so far) using the Wagner Master Series fine spray HVLP sprayer. This is a lower power sprayer and does not claim to be able to spray latex, but seems to work well for lighter materials. Costs only about $100 at Lowes. For that price and store you could try it out and return it if it did not work for you.
    Last edited by gwshaw; 08-18-2007, 06:00 PM.

Comment

Do you already have a compressor that could be usedwith a conversion gun?

Comment

No I just have a small pancake compressor that does 3.7scfm@40psi. I would need to buy a compressor that could handle the gun. I'm willing to invest in a good system if necessary as I plan on using this a lot in the future.

Comment

Working...
        X