X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Saw work station

Since I've had my hip surgery I've spent way too much time on this forum. Sorry about all of the posts. The time I would usually be spending in the shop has turned into computer time. I'm pretty sure I saw a picture of this on this forum. Someone had taken their 3650 off of the legs and Herc U Lift and built a workstation around it that had casters on the bottom. The station had storage and a router table extension I think. Does anyone remember seeing anything remotely close to this. I might have seen this on ebay but I'm pretty sure I saw it here. I did a quick search and nothing turned up. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Table Saw work station

It was here
    BTW post away, the plumbers have been taking over the forum

Comment

Thanks Brooks that is exactly it! I'm planning on adding a bench dog router table extension to replace the wing on the left side and then adding another router table on the right side as well. I think building this station is my best option in terms of support and stability. Thanks again.

Comment

I'm new on this forum and am not sure about sending photos but I built a pretty nice work station for my Craftsman Contractor Saw. and would be glad to send some pics

Comment

Originally posted by rnt80 View Post
          Since I've had my hip surgery I've spent way too much time on this forum. Sorry about all of the posts.
          I spend tons of time on the computer (especially in the forum) and I've got two good hips.

No apology needed!

Comment

Welcome, Jim.

If you have a pic of something you made, by all means, feel free to share!

Jack
            ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Post away Jim!! Let's see those pics.

Comment

Here's a link to a TS station I saw on another forum. It features a Delta contractor saw but the concept is the same.

Comment

Here goes, I'll give this a try. You may also check issue #50 of Shop Notes magazine, also June 03 issue of Workbench.

The back part of the center section is a saw dust chute and the section under the saw is cut out to allow the dust to fall into the chute. I have a duct outlet on the bottom of the center section on the back to pull the dust out. I dont have a system so I keep a shop vac attatched to it.

I hope this helps. I can feel your pain in the hip, I had a total knee replacement 4 weeks ago and am still in therapy.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Thanks Jim. I have an outfeed table on my saw that is very similar to yours. I'm going to keep it on there and then build the workstation around it. Thanks for posting your picture. I'll post pics of mine when it is done. Best wishes on your recovery. I've heard that knees are more of a challenge to rehab than hips. It's been a week and half since surgery and I'm doing well. I ditched the crutches a couple of days ago and I was able to spend a couple of hours in the shop yesterday. It was great. Thanks again for your picture and I hope your recovery goes smoothly.

Comment

This workstation is the second one I've built, the first was of particle board and just didn't hold up. This one is built of 3/4 inch oak plywood and 3/4 oak plank. The face is pine with plywood doors. I used up all the scrap oak I had and didn't want to buy more for the front. It has 3 1/2 inch swivle casters plus levelers. So far I've been happy with, mostly it gave me lots of storage I didn't have before and takes up no more space than the saw did alone.

I don't know if knee replacement is the worst pain but I can tell you for sure I have never experianced anything as painful in my 71 years.

I'lll look forward to seeing your pics.

Jim

Comment

Working...
                      X