X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 gauge nailer recommendation.....

posted this same question in power tools and got no reponse. I need to buy a 15 gauge air nailer and know nothing about features, brands or anything else to make choice. Any help will be appreciated...

Re: 15 gauge nailer recommendation.....

I am very happy with my Ridgid R250AFA 15 gauge finish nail gun. It is very easy to load and easy to adjust the nail head depth. It shoots through oak trim easily. It comes with a very good plastic case which is durable and well made.

Comment

Thanks JPK. I took a trip to HD and Lowes. Maybe I don't know whats important. Most of my power tools are Ridgid. Liked Hitachi and DeWalt. Metal(magnesium?) case seemed more substantial. Ridgid plastic case seemed weak by comparison and trigger on Ridgid seemed so flimsy it would break in a few days. Other features all seemed similar. Is there any way to judge or compare power, something similar to an electric motor's amps?

Comment

I have the stanley N62 15 gauge finish nailer. It packs a punch. At trade shows thery would nail a oak board to a concrete block if I remember correctly. Anyway,A nice finish nailer.
        You can never have enough drills-too many is just enough!!!!!

Comment

I don't believe that you'll find a functional or longevity difference among nailersin the class of tool manufacturers you are considering. All that aside the folks here will give you their experience with what they own. My 16 ga is a PC and there isn't anything that it doesn't do well. I have a DeWalt 18 ga and the air inlet has the housing caved in due to it falling onto the air fitting (without the hose attched). Still works but dont know what kept the housing from cracking but speaks well of the material that it is made of!
          Later,
          Chiz

Comment

Thanks for the help. Went into Lowe's. Liked the old style Hitachi which they had on sale for 179.00. Turns out the reason it was on sale was it didn't have a case, paperwork or anything else so I passed. Guy that was helping me didn't say anything else. I looked at the new style "on acid" design scheme Hitachi at 199.00 and decided I could live without it. While going through the checkstand paying for some other stuff I spotted a flyer with the Psychodylic Hitachi on sale for 149.00. Decided at 149.00 i loved the new design and bought it.
            Thanks for the help....,.Ray

Comment

The Porter Cable DA250B that I bought a few years ago has worked out well for me. So far I've had no issues at all with it. You might want to check with the Porter Cable factor service center that is closest to you. I paid $99 for a reconditioned one through a service center.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
              X