X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• long rails on 3650

Recently found this forum, and this is quite the site! In researching table saws, I havent found support like this for other saw manufacturers.

And so, I have narrowed my future tablesaw purchase to ridgid 3650 or bosch 4000, unless something else pops up.

I like the fact that the 3650 can rip 36" to the right. However, that means that there is a long set of rails on the right side. Do those rails have to extend that far to the right all the time, even during storage?

Re: long rails on 3650

The rails are bolted on to the saw. If you remove the rails, you will be faced with the necessity of reassembling and readjusting the fence and scale. I certainly would not want to do that every time I brought the saw out to use it.

Comment

Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear, but important to know. I will need to move the saw to its corner when it's not being used, and now that storage space just got larger.

Comment

Originally posted by rckrueger@cox.net View Post
        Thanks. Not what I wanted to hear, but important to know. I will need to move the saw to its corner when it's not being used, and now that storage space just got larger.
        Would it help to mount the rails further to the left than the stock configuration? It'd leave less rip capacity on the right but they won't stick out the right side as far....of course now they'd be poking more out the left side. You could always cut the rails too, but that seems a bit drastic. There are some saws with only 25" stock rip capacity...

Comment

Well, I'm no help but I just wanted to offer a WELCOME to the neighborhood. We're a pretty low key, tolerant sort and always open someone, like you, who knows how to butter us up (LOL). Kick your shoes off and mess with the search engine a while. We're always here to help as best we can.
          Later,
          Chiz
          Last edited by ironhat; 07-24-2007, 04:08 PM. Reason: addition
          Later,
          Chiz

Comment

Thanks for the welcome. I have enjoyed reading the posts, and hope to be a worthy contributor. As for the saw, I plan on purchasing the ridgid 3650, and will find a way to keep those long rails from getting dinged when moving.

Comment

Originally posted by rckrueger@cox.net View Post
              Thanks for the welcome. I have enjoyed reading the posts, and hope to be a worthy contributor. As for the saw, I plan on purchasing the ridgid 3650, and will find a way to keep those long rails from getting dinged when moving.
              A fine welcome from here too.

You may want to build a router table on the right side of the saw to fill the gap between rails and reduce the chance of bumping them. This would also allow you to have a router setup without taking more floor space.
              If at first you don't succeed, try reading the owners manual.

Comment

Working...
              X