Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Ridgid 2930 router work w/ Bench dog table?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will the Ridgid 2930 router work w/ Bench dog table?

I have the Ridgid R2930 router and would like to get the Bench Dog 40-001 router table. After reading lots of reviews, I'm just wondering if the mounting plate has holes drilled for this router. Is it a bolt-in or will I have to drill my own holes?

Thanks,

John

Re: Will the Ridgid 2930 router work w/ Bench dog table?

Here's a list of the routers that mount to the ProMax plates. Group 1 is pre-drilled and you don't have to do anything. Group 2 would require drilling.

However, the Ridgid is not listed on there. See if you can find a compatibility chart that matches the Ridgid up with one of the Group 1 routers.

Oops, forgot the link: http://www.benchdog.com/proplate.htm
    Last edited by Wood_Junkie; 07-24-2007, 09:49 PM.

Comment

The 2930 mounts up the same as the PC 690 series. Rather nice of Ridgid to do that. So if you see the 690 on the compatability list, it's ok.
      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Marchboom, I'm glad you asked. I'm thinking of doing the same thing. Woodjunkie, where's the list that you refer to? I've done a little searching on the net but haven't come up with anything yet.

Comment

I recently purchased the Rockler table and of course had to pick a mounting plate. I can't remember which member provided the information, but the PC690 compatible plate was a perfect fit.

You may also wish to note that a couple of other PC690-compatible accessories also fit the Ridgid 2930, including template guide bushings and the PC edge guide.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Thanks to all who responded. Glad to hear that Ridgid followed an established tool line when designing a mounting plate size. Seems like every tool maker has a better idea and that can be a real pain when trying to find parts to fit your power tools.

Anyway, I ordered the Bench Dog table from Grizzly after reading about 70 reviews praising the table.

Comment

Working...
            X