No announcement yet.

Grizzly products

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rookie---don't know who you are---at least I don't hide behind a handle---but you really seem to be itching to start a fight----Apparently, you're the only one on this forum (with your 3 wonderful posts) who is allowed to express a point of view.

So, by your attacking my statement, we can assume that you think ALL Griz' tools are the same quality/perfomance? Yea, right!
    Dave

Comment

Rookie - are you trying to start a war with Daveferg? Seems everything he says you have a comment for.

As for Grizzly I to have read mixed reviews on many of their machines. It seems everyone likes to 1023 and bandsaw, but that is not surprising since all they really are is reversed engineered copies of American machines.

That to me is worst kind of rip off. Let someone else do the R&D then you take it apart build the molds and templates and your in production. Surprise you can even offer it a lower price since you didn't pay any R&D. I try to buy American but sometimes it makes sense to buy overseas products but one thing I will not do is buy an overseas reverse engineered product.
      Rev Ed

Comment

Well you ain't going to have many machines in your workshop are you Rev?

David

Comment

Hey Rev and dave - who's starting what!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          Did I say all my tools were Grizzley? Golly-I have Delta,HF,DeWalt,PC,JDS AC,,,true blue Grizz Guy aren't I [img]smile.gif[/img]
          You pretty big on statements so I asked for info regarding "mixed reviews". Very rarely see them - or do you know of a Bash Grizzley site?
          Call me curious and questioning. If I go hunting I make sure I have a loaded weapon and not blanks. Safer that way - I can back up what I am doing,no?!

Comment

Most tools today are copies, or copies of copies,... there is very little new. What makes a high quality tool, in general, better than a low quality one is, the quality of the components, attention to detail in manufacuring, and quality control.Whoever grizzly reverse engineered probably didn't have an original design anyway.
            I haven't heard much negative about grizzly, but it is more than I've heard about ridgid, milwaukee, pc and the like. I might even buy grizzly, but I will not buy large power tools by mail order, too big a hassle to return if there is a problem.
            www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

And nope Rev - untrue about having a comment for everything sir dave posts. I'd be posting waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay to much. Plus some is great info and helpful but___ Just call me the Defender of the Products that deserve it

Comment

Big fan of their jointers, both 6 and 8 inch models. We use daily.
                1023 is nice,solid, great saw, like their 1029 DC and 14"BS also.
                Have friend who swears by their combo sander, I've not used it. He also had one of their older contactor saws, used for many years and liked but outgrew and now has Bridgewood cabinet model. He was ready to pull plug on 1023 after using (to much) mine but found a very nice used Bridgewood for very cheap and got mighty lucky IMO. Something like $600.
                I suppose Grizz is like any of them-some great products, some maybe not. The above referenced ones I swear by and I personally would not have any reservations about recommending them to everyone as I know them, use them, and buy same ones again if need arose. My shop is "muti-cultured and many colors" - no loyalty to any brand. Just always looking for best product for the money. Not always easy as you are learning

Comment

Cutbuff
                  Actually there are a lot of innovative machines out there. Take the Ridgid tablesaws they are built unique to most everything else on the market. As is the Dewalt 746 and the Ryobi Bt3100.

Admittedly drill presses and lathe tend to be similar but we see Delta using variable speed controls, new style chisel holders and such.

I think Jet at one time reversed engineered but their machines today show they have taken different paths in many cases.

So no I don't think I will be missing out on much by not buying cheap reverse engineered equipment.

To me I think anyone that buys grizzly has no complaint when they receive the pink slip because the company is moving their job overseas.
                  Rev Ed

Comment

Pretty harsh there Rev, pink slip talk and all.
                    Guess it to degree may have some truth in it yet if we had labor and material costs under control in US maybe we fret not.
                    Me-I will buy best product at best pricing. No gold spoon here, loyal to my own #1. We have needs too.
                    Always seems funny to me that we recruited the top minds in world over years, pay them many dollars to develope. Then ultimately they manufacture and we buy. Maybe funny wrong word. Ironic better.
                    Heard today that a taconite plant in northern Minnesota that was shut down and bankrupt is now being bought by Japanese firm to again produce them pellets. Why ? - to ship to Japan of course, to fuel their steel furnaces.They paying union wages, 50K plus too, employee hundreds there who lost jobs due to "cheap foreign" steel industry.
                    Now go figure that one out someone. In the time being I will enjoy all my imported tools and let the clueless ones on the Hill try to explain that one to us all.

Comment

I have been kicking around a dc and bs purchase for awhile now. I believe that the G0555 is the best buy on the market for a 14" bs. I put my bs purchase on hold for over a year because I was unsure of the G0555. I do own several Ridgid tools (TS2424 and JP610) but I cannot choose Ridgid's bs over Grizzly's. I was kind of hoping that Ridgid would offer some more options to more directly compete with the G0555 but Ridgid did not and I cannot wait any longer. I need the best bang for the buck since woodworking is a hobby. I am looking at Penn State's 1-1/2 hp, 2 micron dc.
                      Steve

Comment

Working...
                      X