X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Door question for a cat hutch

Hi, I'm building a cat hutch in my garage for my two indoor cats. The reason why is because I have their litter box in my downstairs bathroom and needless to say, they have taken control! To fix this problem, I have decided to create a cat hutch in my garage that connects to the laundry room via a cat door.

The hutch will be about 3'x2'x2'. I would like to create a door that kind of works like a garage door since space will be an issue. I have attached an image to kind of show what I want the hutch to be like.

Does anyone have any pointers on how to create that door affect?

Thanks!
    Attached Files

Re: Door question for a cat hutch

Try these:

http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=1874

Ern

Comment

Try your local pet supply store, such as Petsmart, and look for a swinging door to fit your cats size. Cats will quickly learn how to use it.

http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...t=pet+door&N=2

The Barrister door hardware may be to difficult for the cat to push and would not auto close.

Comment

Be careful or you may end up with a major problem of uninvited rodents coming in through the cat door. Racoons and rats know all about how to use them and they will if given a chance to do so. I've had rats get in my garage and no one (over several years) has figured where or how they are getting in. I just have to keep bowls of corn meal with plaster mixed in and water around. Only rats will eat it and soon it plugs them up. I don't have pets so the other trick that helps big time is to spread pine oil around the edges of the garage floor and sort of stink them out.

Comment

Working...
        X