Stuck Outfeed table

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stuck Outfeed table

I just purchased the JP06101 jointer and the outfeed table wont budge when I turn the handle. (I loosened the screws on the back already) I called customer service who said to take it back to Home Depot, which is a painful solution for a heavy tool I just spent all day putting together and paid to have delivered since I have no truck. Any suggestions?

Re: Stuck Outfeed table

I would try placing a block of wood on the table above the gibs and or screws and tapping it smartly with a hammer. It could be residue from the manufacturing process. A couple squirts of WD40 may help too.

Good luck, let us know what happens...
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

I gave the WD40 and hammer a try without any success, anybody know of this is a common problem? the thing seems frozen in place.

Comment

Is there a locking screw or knob some where? #31 is a locking screw, and the other is a gib screws,

IF you do choose to whack it use a block of wood on the machine or a rubber mallet, (I do not sugest the wack method).

A gibb is a filler to tighten up the dove tail on the machine to take up wear, and to make the manufacture of the the machine easier, my guess is there is a dried preservative, like wax, sticking it, I would use WD40 or if your really in desperate strait, paint thinner, and then if that not try lacquer thinner.

If you loosen the gib screws and the lock the table should be lose and should be able to be rocked back and forth a tad side to side,, and once broke lose, it should be able to be lubricated, and the gib screws readjusted, (note the one locking screw locks by forcing the gib tight to the dove tail slid on the table, so jsut snug the gib screw, and test the slide resistance and then lock and go to the next one and do the same so it still slides, with light resistance, and then the lock should be lose and when tightened it should hold the table tight,

manual
        http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/43B3AEA...01_393_Man.pdf
        parts book
        http://www.ridgid.com/ASSETS/D3BD143...101_393_PL.pdf

(note: I have never play with a ridgid jointer, but have jointers and a machine shop with gibs on most ever piece of equipment),

see page 30 figure 43 of manual on gibs, and adjustments
        Last edited by BHD; 08-18-2007, 07:32 PM.
        Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
        attributed to Samuel Johnson
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

(I loosened the screws on the back already)
          question: did you lossen the screw and the locking nut, there are two pieces on the gib screws.

An out side locking nut, and then the inter stud screw.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
          X