ts3650 dado question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts3650 dado question

I'm looking to buy a dado for my ts3650 (love it) I've narrowed it down to the freud sd208 or the dewalt dw7670. Both are around $100 and thats all that i'm willing to spend. I would like some good feedback on how well they perform and how many sharpenings you get out of each. I heard the freud has much more carbide than the dewalt, but the dewalt pruduces a cleaner cut. I'm a novice cabinet builder, so I would like to be able to get at least a couple years out of which ever blade I choose.

Re: ts3650 dado question

I can't speak about the DeWalt blades as I've never owned or used one. I have a few Freud blades and they hold up well. I've had them sharpened a few times and it looks like I should get a couple more sharpenings out of them.

I know you're looking at the 8" sets but unless you are planning to be cutting deep dado's, over 1¼" deep, you might want to consider a 6" set. I just ordered this morning the Freud SD206 from Amazon for $63.74 delivered. http://www.amazon.com/Freud-SD206-6-...7447908&sr=8-1
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

Re: ts3650 dado question

Those are both decent sets for the price. I've owned both and can say that the DW7670 has twice the teeth and leaves a cleaner cut. It also has really nice shim stock and a great carrying case. It's also available as the Delta 35-7670 which may improve your chances of a good sale price.

Comment

Working...
      X