Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which nails fit my Ridgid 15 and 16 gauge nailers?...

I have the R250AFA and R250SFAB nailers.

According to Ridgid, the R250AFA takes 15 gauge DA 1"-2 1/2" angled finish nails (34 degree tape; 100 nail magazine). The R250SFAB takes 16 gauge 3/4"-2 1/2" straight glued nails in (100 nail magazine). I want to buy nails for these online at McFeely's, but I don't know what nails fit.

It's my understanding that with framing nailers, you have to match a certain angle on the nails and the type of collation. What concerns are there with buying nails for these Ridgid nailers?

If I see 15 gauge angled nails for sale, can I count on them fitting? And 16 gauge straight with the R250SFAB?

Do I need to be worried about the angle on the angled nails, or is that standardized? Do I have to look for certain types of collation?

I'd appreciate anything you can tell me about finding nails for these nailers.

Thanks--Lee
    So many saws, so few fingers...

Re: Which nails fit my Ridgid 15 and 16 gauge nailers?...

Most any 16 gauge finish nails/brads will fit the R250SFAB.

As far as the R250AFA is concerned, as long as you use 15 gauge DA finish nails you'll be OK. Porter Cable, for one, markets DA finish nails for use in their nailer and they will work in the Ridgid gun. You can get them at HD.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks, Dave.

I'm going to buy some stainless steel nails for these guns. From what you've said, I take it that any 16 gauge nails and 15 gauge DA angled nails that would work with Senco guns should fit, right?

As far as nails vs. brads, will both of these Ridgid guns shoot both types?

Thanks,
      Lee
      So many saws, so few fingers...

Comment

Yep, the nail sizes are standardized so any brand nails should fit the Ridgid just fine. Just buy them within the lengths the gun is rated to handle.

Comment

Working...
        X