X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extension wings

I was pondering the notion of addingadditional webbed extensions on each side of my TS3612. Mainly to use as an assembly table. I was wondering if this would be to much weight on the existing webbed extensions. In a nutshell I won't two webbed extensions on both sides of the saw. Again, just pondering
    Thanks
    Tim

Why not just build one out of 3/4 plywood with a hardboard top. This is a lot less money and works very well. I put one on my table saw and now wish that I had done this years ago. It makes a great work surface but also makes cutting plywood and long lumber much easier.

Comment

Northern Beaver
      Sounds like a good idea. I just don't understand how you attach it to the extensions. How thick is the hardwood top? If you could clarify for me that would be great.

Thank you
      Tim

Comment

Here's another real easy way to get some extra working room on the RH side of the saw. You'll need a piece of ¾"x15½"x27" MDF and two 1" c-clamps. Attach the c-clamps to the RH bottom end of the RH wing, place the MDF on the c-clamps and the spacer bar. Adjust the c-clamps until the MDF is flush with the RH wing. Easy, fast and cheap. [img]smile.gif[/img]
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Badger Dave

Heck of an idea. I tried it with a piece of plywood and it works great. I am even going use some 3/8" one hole straps (normally used to secure MC Cable) around to the spacer bar to secure the piece of MDF from sliding. Thanks again

Tim

Comment

Working...
          X