Hardi-Plank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hardi-Plank

Hi guys,just wondered what some of you use to fasten hardi-plank lap siding. Reason i ask, my Bostitch coil nailer blew a seal 2day. Dropped it off at the repair shop,but it's gonna be 3 days! I need an alternative so i can complete this job. All sheathing is OSB plywood. The coil nailer works pretty good, but im always looking for better ways! I heard of somebody using screws to fasten the siding before,any feedback is greatly appreciated!
    Last edited by mspaugh24; 08-30-2007, 02:55 PM. Reason: grammar..lol

Re: Hardi-Plank

Just found this...http://www.hitachipowertools.com/sto...th=1,9,46,p165,
    Im going to Lowes!

Comment

I would call first....
      Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

any framing nailer will work

Comment

I have the Hitachi nr90ad, i think thats the model? I think it will leave too big of a hole in the siding? You dont think so?

Comment

no, because it gets nailed towards the top, where it will be covered by the lap of the next piece

Comment

any gun with adjustable drive depth will work, even a roofing gun if on stud and sheathing. You could always go with a hammer to remind yourself how us old boys had to do it

Comment

Thanks guys,im gonna try my Hitachi 2morrow. LOL Brooks .... Whats a hammer?

Comment

Working...
                X