X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steep angles on mouldings

What do you guys think is the best way to cut these consistently? Such as,wainscotting that runs on angle with the stairs? Ive watched my boss freehand these many times on his mitre saw,but his hands are oh so close to that blade!! Im not willing to try his method!! Looking for other ideas that would keep me from going to the ER!

Re: Steep angles on mouldings

Originally posted by mspaugh24 View Post
    What do you guys think is the best way to cut these consistently? Such as,wainscotting that runs on angle with the stairs? Ive watched my boss freehand these many times on his mitre saw,but his hands are oh so close to that blade!! Im not willing to try his method!! Looking for other ideas that would keep me from going to the ER!
    You can make yourself a temporary base with a fence screwed onto where ever you need it. Clamp or screw this base to your miter saw. This is often used when the angle you want can not be obtained by swinging the saw the conventional way...

Hope this makes sense...

Click image for larger version

Name:	ba862ec221a2f04f83c406c2b35481ed.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	36.7 KB
ID:	1819
    Last edited by jbergstrom; 09-10-2007, 12:53 AM.
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

Re: Steep angles on mouldings

Thanks...im gonna try this method 2morrow,gotta trim out a few trapezoid windows.

Comment

Working...
      X