X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• composit decking

how do i affix composit decking over concrete steps?

Re: composit decking

Originally posted by blackiem1 View Post
    Might try some liquid nails or some kind of constuction glue? Dont really know for sure just guessing. But I know they use stuff like liquid nails alot for stuff like that.

Comment

Why not drill your holes and use tapcons. Should work the same as attaching wood to concrete.

Comment

Originally posted by blackiem1 View Post
        Composite decking requires a lot of movement, using adhesive, I would not do. They have special screws for fastening down this product, and these screws can flex pretty good, to allow for this movement. A picture of your existing steps would be worth a lot to give you the right answer. How wide, long and the height distance from your threshold to the top of your existing steps. Also there is a 3/8" code for step heights, meaning the steps cannot be no different than that measurement. From the first step to the entrance, if someone falls your liable for their medical and your insurance may fight you because of the height code, just a thought to consider there.
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

thanks for all your replys will look for step measurements etc.

thanks again

Comment

So whats the scoop here, are you are doing the steps right now, or are you still undecided????????
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

i am still undecided thanks for asking

Comment

Working...
              X