X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Textured Ceiling

Our home was built in the mid 80's and textured ceilings were apparently the rage in our area at that time. All rooms have the textured ceilings and we are looking for the best, least messy method of smoothing the ceilings and painting them.

Any ideas on how to do this job? Is their a specific tool made for the application?

Thank you

Re: Textured Ceiling

mask room and floor.

very light water,I just fan lightly with garden hose

scrape with 12" blade

Comment

Are they textured as in drywall texture or the popcorn stuff? The popcorn type is a messy proposition.
      ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        mask room and floor.

very light water,I just fan lightly with garden hose

scrape with 12" blade
        If they are popcorn, Drtyhands is right. I used a garden pump sprayer on mine.
        ‎"I've never let my schooling interfere with my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

I've also used a garden pump sprayer and a wide scraper. Just mist it with water and let it soak for a few minutes before scraping. Do a section at a time. Unless the popcorn has been painted over, it comes off quite easily.

Comment

Remember, we had this discussion before. Asbestos could be in the popcorn, proper procedures should be taken into account. Have it tested and wear the right filter mask when doing this.
            Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Working...
            X