Need Help: Ridgid Joiner vs Delta,Jet, or General

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help: Ridgid Joiner vs Delta,Jet, or General

Has anybody done this comparison lately. I am leaning toward the General, but the others are slightly cheaper.

I believe Wood magazine just did a comparison on 6" jointers in their most recent issue.

Jake

Comment

I think it was more than a month ago, but can't find issue. Whichever mag it was got pictures of Ridgid mixed up with Jet. Ridgid also sent a Mfgr. reply to the mag to call out differences in the Ridgid that the reviewers had overlooked.

If I can find issue I will re-post.
      Dick

Comment

Check out the review in sept 01 Wood mag. They liked the grizzly.I have a ridgid jp0600 and it works fine for a no frills joiner. I wish I would have bought an 8", more power and more useful.Make sure you can run it on 220v if you have it available. Good luck.

Comment

Wow, talk about a senior moment. They say time flies when you're having fun. I must be having fun because the jointer comparison I was referring to was in the April 2001 issue of Woodworkers Journal. Sorry about that.

Dave Hazelwood of Emerson Tool Co. sent a letter to the mag. correcting the errors and omissions contained in the original review. This was published in the August 2001 issue of Woodworkers Journal.

Haven't seen the Sept. Wood review yet.
          Dick

Comment

Working...
          X