Harbour Freight Tools

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Harbour Freight Tools

First of all I'm glad to see that I am not the only one to use Harbor Freight tools. I to look at the amount of use the tool will have when buying there. Sometimes the cost out weights that reasoning. However I have had experience with their warranty and have since purchased the extended warranty on any item I may use more than more than normal. Their warrenty is an in-store replacement. If you have a problem with a tool bring it back to the store and they will give you a brand new one. I first used it with a roofing nailer, because it did not have that solid feel we like, it work fine but I picked it up by the air hose quick coupling and it came loose fell off the roof and broke the nail casing. Liuckily it still worked so I did not have to stop the work. Later I took it back and they gave me a brand new with no questions asked. I have used it since with other tools with the same results.

Comment

Wood floor stapler: For any of you that are considering putting down a 3/4" hardwood floor you may want to think about buying the air assist floor stapler from Harbor Freight http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...d=floor+nailer
      Before you do make sure there is someplace, other than HF, that you can buy quality staples first. I put in about 700sq/ft of floor in my home using their stapler. When I first started I had nothing but problems with jamming on about every third staple, very frustrating. I had decided to take it back and pay three or four times the $$$ for a brand name. On the way back to HF I stopped at another tool store and found some quality 2" staples for about $35.00 a box. The difference was like night and day. I installed the rest of the floor with very few cases of jamming and those came from hitting existing sub floor nails. As long as the quality staples are available I highly recommend this tool.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushmaster001 View Post
        I bought a 21 deg framing nailer about 6 months ago and just used it to put siding up on a house. For the $50 I paid for it, I would recommend it to anyone.
        There are a lot of people who have bought their nailers and have been extremely satisfied with them. I have on of their cheapo brad nailers and I can't kill it. It never misfires, it never stops running, it's a consistent tool that gives consistent results no matter what I do. For $20, I got a tool that does what I need it to do and it's done it for years. Sure, I could have spent 10 times as much for a Senco or whatever, but why?

Comment

I love those bar clamps. You can't beat them. I use them all the time.

Comment

I have bought a lot of stuff from HF and have been pleased overall. I have had very good luck with their power tools. I have a $40 3/8" vsr cordless drill and it is excellent. It has been reliable and it has high torque. I have purchased a lot of cheap gadgets (under $10) and they have been mixed - some useful tools and some junk. I think there stuff is a great value for someone that uses a tool occasionally but not suitable for a professional who uses it every day.

Comment

Very well put red02xj.
              I buy things there that are expendable for some of things I get into.
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
              Be safe out there folks
              Bob B
              =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Comment

Working...
              X