X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36" left side rip with ts2424???

Hi all, was all set to purchase a ts3650 when I literally tripped over a pristine ts2424 for half the money, only regret is the 36" left side rip capability on the 3650 rather than the 24" left or right on the 2424. Any way to mod the 2424??? Thanks in advance.

Re: 36" left side rip with ts2424???

Do you really mean that you want to have the capability to rip 36" on the left side of the blade? I'm pretty sure you can just move and remount the rails over 12" to accomplish that. You probably will have to drill a hole or two but that shouldn't be all that difficult. I don't know if the one on the 3650 will work on the 2424's rail system but you'll also need to mount a rail stiffener between the rails. If the one for the 3650 won't work then you'll have to come up with some other idea to accomplish that.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Yes, sorry if that wasn't clear, I would prefer the ability to rip 36" on the left hand side along with a 12" rip on the right hand side as it is with the ts3650. Thought I had seen a thread with a detailed explanation on how to do this somewhere with little more to do than move the rails and replace the tape but cannot find it.

Comment

Maybe this thread will answer some of your questions. Although it talks about the 3612, the principle will be the same for the 3650.
        Last edited by BadgerDave; 09-20-2007, 05:22 PM.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Sorry, my dyslexia was acting up. I meant 36" rip to the right of the blade ( I just read that ten out of two people have dyslexia.....hehe). Anyway, that thread was exactly what I needed, thanks much for your help.

Comment

Do you really need to rip on the left side of your fence? On several saws I have just moved the rails to the right so I could get more rip capacity on the right side. I have never needed to rip on the right side of a fence. You could slide the 2424's rails 12" to the right and get your 36" capacity on that side. Why would you need to rip on the left side?
            Joe Spear

Comment

Working...
            X