X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 45 + degree bevels?

I need to cut a 51 degree bevel in a piece of MDF with my ts2400LS. Anyone know of any jigs or tips on cutting 45 degree + bevels?

Re: 45 + degree bevels?

Use a couple of tapered shims under the piece that you're cutting...

Comment

Yesterday I cut the equivalent of a 76 deg bevel (1/4 x 1 taper) on a 13" wide by 60" long table top, on my ts2400. I used a tall auxiliary fence to support the piece on its edge. It worked out quite well. I did use my regular finger board, plus a second control stick bearing on the workpiece above and a bit past the center of the blade. This second control stick was simply setting on top of a short piece of 4 x 4 all clamped to the saw's top. The auxiliary fence is 6" or 8" tall, which gave pretty good support to the 13" width. I couldn't use the blade guard for this cut, but then I had almost all of the blade buried in the wood. I use a combination of my hands (kept the hands away from the blade) and a push shoe to move the piece through the saw. I also had an out feed roller stand to support the piece as it left the saw table.

I was fairly nervous about making this cut, not sure what might go wrong. First time to try such a cut. A shorter test cut went quite well, and then the real thing was a piece of cake.
      Dick

Comment

Thanks for the advice!!! I'll give it a try tomorrow. I had the idea of using a tall auxiliary fence to use as a support to prop the workpiece up to the correct angle, but wasn't sure on how to secure everything safely. Think I've got the vision now. Time to cut!!!!!

Comment

Working...
        X