Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Product Registration / Ebox update

FYI:

Just called Ridgid to check the status of a number of tools I registered, and why they hadn't shown up in my Ebox yet. I send my slips in about 3 months ago.

Was told that they are currently entering April and May, so if it was send after that, it won't show up for a bit.

If your in the same boat, save yourself the call/time.

Re: Product Registration / Ebox update

I sent my paperwork in on May 5th and the warranty period in my Ebox finally changed to LLSA yesterday!

Comment

i sent my stuff in two+ years ago, still only the 3 year for me......oh well
      9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

OSC, have you ever called them and inquired about resubmitting for the LLSA? It's pretty obvious that your paperwork got lost or misplaced somewhere along the way.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

dave yes i have twice in fact but to be honest i have little paitions for stuff like this so i give up quickly. no fault of ridgid that is just one of my short comings
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

I am about as fed up with this warranty junk as I can possibly be.

I bought the Ridgid corded drill, the 18V tool set with the bag, the TS3650 and the nailer..
            I bought all within about a 6 week period starting in April 07 and sent my info in for each within a day of buying each one.

I called them in June and they said they were just getting around to the April warranties.
            I called in July and they said they were just getting around to the April warranties.
            I called 2 weeks ago (in Sept) and guess which month's warranties that they are getting around to. Yep...April

I expressed to the CSA lady that I am beginning to think this is just a scam and she assured me..."Oh NO...we have tubs of these things sitting by our desk...."
            SAY WHAT?!!!! So let me get this straight. I buy the tools ..and a big reason was for the warranty. I follow every guideline to a T... I then send them to a company that stands a very good chance of just losing it because their way of storing the forms is in open tubs around peoples desk. And if they just never get around to it....well it will simply be too late to return the tool..now won't it.

Her assurance to me was.......and I am not kidding about this.... "Well, you have a 3 year warranty already so we will get to your registration before that runs out."

Look..the warranty is part of the product. And how they handle the warranty says a lot about how they handle everything else. I am starting to feel scammed.

But hey...if what the lady said had any merit..OSC, you have only waited 2 years for your warrany info...you still have a year to go.

Comment

It is only fair that after my rant, I give an update.
              One of my Lifetime warranties appears to have gone through.
              It was for the 18V cordless tool set.
              I have not seen any progress on the others yet but this does give me hope.
              My warranty card has not come in the mail yet but the E-Box is showing the set as lifetime.

How long does it take to get the card after the warranty shows in the E-Box?

Comment

Originally posted by lottathought View Post
                How long does it take to get the card after the warranty shows in the E-Box?
                Simple answer: Awhile!

Seriously, I don't really remember, but it was such a length of time that I recall be "surprised" by its arrival.

The only thing I can tell you from my own experience is to be patient. I've got several tools which have been registered over the last two or three years and they have yet to fail getting registered for the LLSA. At present, I've got two new tools that are in process, but I don't look for confirmation until maybe around Thanksgiving. It seems to take anywhere from three to four months.

Best thing you can do is ensure that you get everything right: name, address, online registration number, copy of receipt, original UPC, etc., etc. In addition, make sure you copy everything for your own records, including the date you sent it in.

I should mention that the last tools I registered, they waved the UPC requirement as the original UPC was required for a HD gift card offer. I am under the impression that they've "lightened up" on the UPC requirement, but I wouldn't hesitate to call to make sure.

I hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

For what it's worth, I kept checking about once a month. I bought the 3650 and the dual-base router on the same date, same receipt; when the TS showed up, but not the router, I called and they said they would probably get to it, but if I had a copy of the documents I could just email them in. I did so, and less than 24 hours later all three tools (table saw, router, belt sander) showed lifetime warranty.

Comment

Working...
                  X