X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leigh D1600

I am conisdering the D1600, any of you guys out there have any experience with the Leigh? I am leaning towards the 16" vs 24", only because I really don't have a need for a wider capacity. I don't see me paying an extra $100 for something I won't use. I also noticed Leigh is putting out a new jig called the superjig. any comments on either of these would be greatly appreciated.

tgomez

Re: Leigh D1600

i have used the d1600 to make some drawers with which was easy to do.it has plenty of capacity for that type of work.the super jigs are very similar but do not have the side stops machined in.theres lots to read on leighjigs.com.i like the d1600 and would not have the need for a d4r.

Comment

I recently bought the Porter Cable 4212 set up based on Wood Magazines dovetail jig review. It's everything they said it would be: Easy to set up, accurate, good value. The only thing I can see that the Leigh has over the PC is the moveable fingers. But, for twice the price... Amazon has the PC for $169.00.

Steve

Comment

I have used the Leigh D4R and it is fantastic. I would readily buy one if the wife would let me.

A few extra bucks spent on the larger model would be a good investment, as the limit is 24". This is great for blanket boxes, hope chests, etc.

http://www.leevalley.com/wood/page.a...89&cat=1,43000

Comment

I appreciate your responses; I ended up getting the D1600 this afternoon. I payed 280.00 at woodcraft. It will primarly be used to replace broken drawers (hence the adjustable fingers), I just got tired of hand cutting and Jerry rigging repairs. Hopefully, I will find time to use it when I build my entertainment center, my daughters dresser and night stands.

Thanks again.

Tgomez

Comment

Working...
          X