allen screws on the ts3650 table top

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• allen screws on the ts3650 table top

I've been reading this forum for quite a while now and have got a lot of good information. I have purchased the ridgid 2930 router kit, the ridgid ts3650 table saw, the ridgid 15ga angled finish nailer, the ridgid drill press, and the ridgid 13" thickness planer. I went with a jet jointer(got it in a divorce sale. Also just purchased the Grizzly Go555X bandsaw. Didn't go with the ridgid bandsaw because of some of the post here & also the Grizzly came with some good accessories and seemed to me to be a better saw. Any my question ma be a dumb one but what is the purpose of those two allen screws seen from the top of the table saw. Didnt see anything on them in the book. By the way I've used all the tools mentioned above quite a bit and I'm very satisfied with them. Thanks for all the good information here.

Re: allen screws on the ts3650 table top

They aret he tilt stops. One is a stop for 0 degrees and the other is for 45 degrees.
    Last edited by TOD; 09-24-2007, 06:07 AM.
    SSG, U.S. Army
    Retired
    K.I.S.S., R.T.F.M.

Comment

I've been using my 3650 for over a year and have yet to feel or hear about those allen screws. Can someone describe to me where on the table to look for them?

I recently inadvertantly put some side thrust on my saw blade, pushing it over against the ZCI (made of some kind of a resin I guess). The result was a mess of molten material on the blade that I had a devil of a time getting off. Finally resorted to paint remover and elbow grease. Anybody have an easier solution?

By the way, I still can count to ten with my fingers.

Blind Bill

Comment

Both countersunk allen screw are located at the operator end of the insert opening. The 1st(45 deg stop) is 1/4" to the right of the insert opening (@ about the 4 o'clock area), and the 2nd(90 deg stop) is 2" to the left (@ about the 8 o'clock area). Hope this helps.
        Hector

Comment

Hector,

Thanks for the clue. I went and looked last night and lo and behold, there they were. Strange that I had never noticed them before.

Also I owe you a "attaboy" for leading me to the table saw book by Mehler last year. That's where I learned to use paint remover to clean my saw blade. It isn't easy but it works.

Bill

Comment

Originally posted by blind bill View Post
            Hector,

Thanks for the clue. I went and looked last night and lo and behold, there they were. Strange that I had never noticed them before.

Bill
            Is that the reason they call you "blind" bill??

Regards and good luck on keeping 10 fingers.

Comment

The easiest way I have found to clean saw blades is greased lightening. However, being environmentally semi-conscious and concerned about the possible (tho not experienced) degradation of the tooth brazing due to the high alkaline content), I have also found that DNA (denatured alcohol) works great also. It is an EPA "exempt" solvent, but evaporates very quickly. I have found that if I lay the saw blade(s) in the bottom of a small oil drain pan (plastic ones you can buy at Walmart, K-Mart or the auto stores), drench it in DNA and cover it with a plastic trash bag, it will loosen all the resinous stuff in about 10 minutes. You will need to hit it with a toothbrush or stiff parts cleaning brush to get it free from the blade, but it works very well and probably has less detrimental effect on the brazing for the carbide teeth. I probably spend about five minutes per blade (50 tooth) of actual cleaning time, not counting the soak time.

Go
              Last edited by Gofor; 09-25-2007, 06:52 PM.
              Practicing at practical wood working

Comment

My pleasure Bill. Glad you like the book. I have never used the paint remover tip, but I have used a bit and blade cleaner, "Blade Saver, that came with the Empire Tool Saver kit I got to try the "Top Saver" product(which I just love). The "Blade Saver" is easy enough to use, does a good enough job for me, and it's water based so I think its better for the environment. Maybe not though???http://www.woodcraft.com/family.aspx?familyid=5262

See ya when the dust clears,
                Hector

Comment

Working...
                X