X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blades for 10" scms

This has probably been covered a few million times, but most of the searches I performed all ended up being related to TS blades.

What blades should I get for my Bosch 4410. I'm going to get a diamond blade for cutting my cement board siding, but this winter I will need a decent one for cutting my interior trim which will most likely be Poplar. What brands do you guys like? Also, should I get a .125 or .100 kerf?

Re: Blades for 10" scms

The primary point to consider when looking for a blade for a SCMS is the hook angle of the teeth. You'll definitely want a blade with a negative hook angle. The Freud LU91R010 with a -5° hook angle is one popular choice.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Thanks Dave. Do you have any preferred sellers, or should I just order it directly from Freud?

Nice game last Saturday night, BTW.

Comment

The Forest Chopmaster is a blade specifically for miter saws...a little pricey but well worth it. Also check out Infinity saw blades at infinity.com they also have miter saw blades.

Comment

What's wrong with the stock Bosch blade?

Is it old? My stock blade make glue joint cuts beautifully.

Comment

Originally posted by Ruudacguy View Post
            Thanks Dave. Do you have any preferred sellers, or should I just order it directly from Freud?

Nice game last Saturday night, BTW.
            Ruudacguy, when it comes to buying blades I usually hop around the Internet and look for the best deal I can find. Amazon usually has pretty good pricing but sometimes better deals can be found elsewhere. I'm not sure if it's still going on or not but Amazon recently had a 20% off sale going on for saw blades.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Some manufactures market to different niches with multiple levels of quality and price, so be cautious buying on brand name alone....brands like DeWalt, Delta, Freud, and Irwin are just a few that have multiple lines. These names all have an Industrial line that represents the better end of their lines.

Dave pointed out the benefit of using a blade with a low to negative hook angle. The Freud LU91 is made specifically for that type of saw. It's from their Industrial series and is good quality. The quality of the blade makes a a big difference...either kerf will work well if you stick with top shelf. I've had great success with thin kerf 10" blades on my TS, but there's less benefit from using a TK on crosscuts. If you're looking for the absolute cleanest cut, get a "HI-ATB" grind. If you want a good cut and good durability, get a triple chip grind (TCG). If you want a very good cut and decent durability, go with an ATB grind, which is a bit of a compromise in between the strengths of the other two types.

There are lots of great blades around.... Forrest, Infinity, Ridge Carbide, CMT, Tenryu, DeWalt's upper lines, Delta's upper lines (these are now the former DW series 60 blades), and Freud's upper lines are have some really good blades....find a good bargain and be happy. I also tend to shop the online bargains...Check sites like Amazon, Ebay, Holbren, Infinity, Hartville Tool, or Rockler.
              Last edited by hewood; 09-28-2007, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X