tool care

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tool care

Hey guys. Just as quick question. I just bought the 0610 jointer, and they say to make sure to wax the table. What is the best wax to buy? From previous talk I know not to buy one with silicon. Thanks in advance
    jja0

Just a good, old fashioned paste wax----Johnsons, Bree, etc.----I find it locally, at ACE or a janitorial supply place.
    Dave

Comment

I use the Johnson's paste wax. I purchased a 3 part care kit at the ww show. rust remover, dry lubricant and preservative. Haven't tried it yet, but it's made by a company called...get this...PMS. Anxious to see how reacts to agressive use!
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Woody---do you have to bring it flowers?
        Dave

Comment

Collinites’s No. 850 Metal Wax

Comment

TopCote®, available through Lee Valley, is billed as being slipperyer(is that a word) than paste wax.
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

jja0 - Apply 3 coats of a good paste wax....Johnson's or some of the others mentioned should do. Allow about 24 hours between coats. Do the same to your TS.

Comment

Min wax is also an excellent choice, just be sure not use car paste wax.

Comment

what about bowling alley wax?

Comment

Quote...."TopCote®, available through Lee Valley, is billed as being slipperyer(is that a word) than paste wax."

In the past I have always used Johnson's paste wax. But, since my tools were in damp storage for over a year some rust had formed. I used the Top Coat to clean off the rust and to get them back in useable shape. It is what it claims to be, a great rust remover and yes it is slipperyer
                    I highly recommend it

Happy Holidays
                    <a href=\"http://www.woodshopphotos.com/gallery/Ralphs-workshop\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodshopphotos.com/gallery/Ralphs-workshop</a><br /><br />I can fix anything......where\'s the duct tape ?? :-)

Comment

i too would recommend the bostick topcote
                      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
                      X