X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modular kitchen cabinets

Hi, Yesterday I helped a friend install these. Belive it or not there Costco cabinets Cherry (why anyone would stain cherry this dark instead of just getting birch baffles me) To the tune of $5500 just for cabs. What you cant see in pic is one more 24 incher and one 24 inch Hutch cabinet. Quality was okay, all Hot Glued face frames and bottoms seem a bit flimsy.

They were pretty square though, thank god for the C&C machine an not the a drunk in China making them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	50ab3ea832ccb019428b6aa479518559.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	1994

Re: Modular kitchen cabinets

Looks good...
    I agree, it seems like a waste of cherry...
    I think birch would have been cheaper?

Thanks for sharing

How much wood would a woodchuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood???
    Cheers! - Jim
    -------------
    All truth passes through three stages: First it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. - Schopenhauer

Comment

I can't believe that's cherry!! My only hope is it's not solid cherry....

The installation looks good though.
      I put it all back together better than before. There\'s lots of leftover parts.

Comment

Originally posted by VASandy View Post
        I can't believe that's cherry!! My only hope is it's not solid cherry....

The installation looks good though.
        We were doubting it was because the builders could get away with maple because it was so dark but when we had the filler piece in out hands the back was indeed unfinished cherry, doesnt mean they couldnt have cheated on the face frames.The inside of the cabs was a melamine.

Comment

I see alot of ruining of natural woods at the shop I work at. Im doing a job made of Alder now that is stained so dark it looks painted.

In a shop like mine I think alot of the customers use higher end woods just for bragging rights and wouldnt know the difference once their job is finished

Comment

Originally posted by Orange Apron View Post
            I see alot of ruining of natural woods at the shop I work at. Im doing a job made of Alder now that is stained so dark it looks painted.

In a shop like mine I think alot of the customers use higher end woods just for bragging rights and wouldnt know the difference once their job is finished
            This woman is one of those.

Comment

Could it be that the photograph is just in need of more illumination? It just looks too dark in the whole room. The cab install looks great! I'd like to see it with more sun on it.
              Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JJCiesla View Post
                Could it be that the photograph is just in need of more illumination? It just looks too dark in the whole room. The cab install looks great! I'd like to see it with more sun on it.
                Sun whats that im near Seattle! < I think it looks like that? It was real dark, hard to see the line when cutting on chop saw.

Comment

$5500 for hot glued cabinets? I just made cabinets out of Cherry and the total cost of them is $2100. Solid Cherry fronts, Cherry plywood base. Guess I saved a bundle making them myself versus buying them. Lowes wanted 11000 for them.

Comment

Working...
                  X