Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Home Depot Dropping Large Tools in Stores?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Home Depot Dropping Large Tools in Stores?

I was in a HD a couple days ago and took a walk through their tool department. It seems like all of the large power tools are gone, it's just racks of hand tools now. I came home and looked on their website and it looks like all of the tools are web-only now.

So how does anyone go and actually SEE new Ridgid tools? I can go into Lowes and they've got plenty of tablesaws and jointers, etc. on display, what's going on with HD?

Re: Home Depot Dropping Large Tools in Stores?

I believe there arae a few threads on this a month or four old...

If you do a search for them, you should be able to find the posts

Comment

Why not to try other products for home tools ?! maybe it will work great too .. it will help you to do the things you have to do !? i know that the product you are wanting had a great quality but its hard to find .. goodluck .. hope you'll find what you are finding
      It makes doing things easier

Comment

Check the dates on the threads folks. Anyhoo, since we're here, I thought this thread was going to be about HD actually, physically dropping tools, which it seems they do,. Every big box I have bought there looks like it has been dropped from the top of the building. The stuff inside has been OK so far, but it makes me wonder how they handle stuff.

As for what this thread IS about, HD does seem to have less and lees stock in the tools dept. My local HD has hardly anything. They have 3 different table saws, 4 routers, etc, etc. They have no stock. Lowe's on the opther hand, always has a lot better selection and the store doesn't look like a tornado just came through. This is in a town of 300,000+ people just outside Los Angeles, so it isn't like it is a little HD, the place is ALWAYS packed. It's nuts how many people are always there, but they just have 0 selection of tools.

Comment

HDs around Chicago don't seem to have this problem, although they're a little slow on getting the new stuff and I already mentioned the Milwaukee V28 problem I was having. It could have a lot to do with what the market is like around your area.

Comment

Funny how this is a topic today. I was just in HD yesterday ( Quincy, IL ) i was looking for the ridgid feather board for my 3650, no luck by the way, and i noticed how few large tools they had. I want a ridgid drill press but i want to put my hands on it and look it over before i buy it..

Comment

My local HD had no stationary power tools on display. Then one day I filled out the questionaire on line that they circle on the receipts and next time I was there they had 3 Ridgid tools set up - band saw, drill press, and jointer. I would like to think I had a hand in that but I doubt it.

Lowes, which is virtually across the street has lots of big tools set up. Personally I dont like Lowes (in my area seems to be where the "yuppies" go and they never have what I need) but have to give them credit for the displays.

Comment

The home depots in the DFW area seem to be the same as they were. But you can always find the tools at other places or even on craigslist.com

Comment

Working...
                X