X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TP1300LS Planer Blades

I am thinking of purchasing the TP1300LS Planer but, I see many people are having trouble purchasing replacement blades. I checked the Home Depot store and the guy told me that I have to order them through Ridgid. I cannot find anywhere on Ridgid site to purchase blades.

My other choice for a planer is the DeWalt DW735 and Lowes carries the blades in the stores.

I have many other Ridgid products and have been very satisfied with them.

Question: How difficult is it to find the blades for the TP1300LS?

Thanks for any input.

Re: TP1300LS Planer Blades

The unavailability of replacement blades for the Ridgid planer was one of the reasons why I choose the DeWalt DW735 over the Ridgid when I bought my planer. Home Depots failure to inventory normal wear and tear replacements parts was also a big factor in my not buying the Ridgid jointer.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Call ridgid. There is a number to call for parts. I have ordered parts from them in the past. Sorry, but I do not have the number. They have all the parts available, their shipping charges are nuts though.
      I think I have seen the blades in HD once in my life, maybe twice, might have been the same blades.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

My Home Depot is well stocked with TP1300 blades. They also carry Delta blades (though no Delta planers), and Ryobi blades.

The part number for the Ridgid blade set is AC8630, SKU # 358-845, and the price is $29.97. You should also be able to order those directly from Ridgid, the part and SKU# are the same. I purchase two extra sets of blades when I bought my TP1300, but there were at least four sets left.

I suggest you check with the main service desk at your local store and provide them with the above SKU#. They should be able to tell you immediately if they are in stock... big question after that is where they might be.

I agree that inventory at HD appears to be a hit or miss proposition. I've noticed that my local store carries no 6" PSA discs for the Ryobi bench sander (BD4600), and for the Ryobi wood-cutting-only BS901 band saw they carry three different metal cutting blades, but only one size (1/8-inch) wood blade. (Perhaps they have another brand of portable metal band saw that takes the same size blade, but I have yet to seen one of those.)

It appears that the art of inventory maintenance escapes those charged with the task.

CWS
        Last edited by CWSmith; 10-15-2007, 11:30 AM. Reason: Highlight

Comment

I heard the ryobi blades work with it, heard this at least 6 months ago. [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Ryobi AP1301[/FONT]
          [FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Anyone know anything about this?[/FONT]

[FONT='Times New Roman','serif']Does anyone know if any Ridgid exec reads these forums and actually cares about fixing all these complaints from the consumers of there products?[/FONT]

Comment

They're easy to find! Go to any Home Depot with display models.. reach right underneath the outfeed tray, and... Just kidding!

But you've got to love this:
            http://www.amazon.com/Ridgid-AC8630-.../dp/B000GLI97E

For those who don't want to follow the link:
            "Availability: Currently unavailable. We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock."

Anyway, try this:
            http://www.ridgidparts.com/accessories/woodacc.phtml

For those who are too lazy to follow the link, it says:
            To order parts or accessories for your RIDGID woodworking power tools, please call 1-866-539-1710.

Part number, as CWSmith posted (thanks!!) is AC8630

Comment

You know, just for kicks and giggles, I might contact a few places that make custom knives to see what it might cost to have knives made either in HSS or carbide. There has to be a side line there somewhere!! I'll let you know what I find out.

Cheers Dennis

Comment

Originally posted by DWfromUK View Post
                You know, just for kicks and giggles, I might contact a few places that make custom knives to see what it might cost to have knives made either in HSS or carbide. There has to be a side line there somewhere!! I'll let you know what I find out.

Cheers Dennis
                Why bother? Just order the knives directly from ridgid.
                www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

The TP1300 comes with an extra set of blades stashed under the infeed table. I was also worried about replacement blades before I bought the TP1300. I check the rack at HD every so often and they always have 3-4 sets in stock.

Comment

Working...
                  X