Incra Through Dovetails

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incra Through Dovetails

Tried making through dovetails w/ incra template. Can't get dovetails to fit at 90 degrees. They look good at 180 degrees as if I were making a long board. Can't figure how to drive tails togehter w/out tearing up board. Any thoughts for this first timer?

Re: Incra Through Dovetails

This link will help you, there is nothing wrong w/getting a book or even a video for the learning aspects of a new tool...
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

They look good at 180 degrees?? Sounds like you have two sets of "tails". Are you sure you routed the pins correctly, using a straight bit and the angled part of your dovetail jig??

Comment

Did you run both pieces throught he jig with them standing on end? The pin board gets run through on end. (Maybe the other way around. I always confuse the pin and tail boards) you then set your stop block, and run the tail boards through flat on the table. With the Incra, you do not need a straight bit. Through dovetails are cut with the same (dovetail) bit. Once the joints are cut, you will have a small "tit" left in your pin boards. You just take a sharp knife and whittle those off. I wondered how well that would work when I first made some, but it's a piece of cake.

If you don't have the book and templates, you should get them. They're invaluable.

Comment

Working...
        X