X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table that's almost done

This is what I've been working on for the past few months. It's been on again off again since July. I'm a teacher/coach and I had hip surgery in July so the time I've had to spend on this has been sparse. I built it for my wife's friend. All I've really got left is the finishing. The legs will be a distressed gold and the top is getting sprayed with black lacquer.
    Attached Files

Re: Table that's almost done

Wow that's a nice peice!!! Did you hand carve the design between the legs?

Comment

Originally posted by Hector B View Post
      Wow that's a nice peice!!! Did you hand carve the design between the legs?

Thanks, Hector. The stretchers that run along the sides and ends of the table were cut with a jigsaw. I used chisels, rasps and files to shape that fingers that cross in the middle. Since my time in the shop is so sporadic I don't really have any idea how long it took me to build the table. I need to do a better job of clocking my time.

Comment

Boy do I agree with Hector. The boxed top really shows well with the carved leg assemblies. You should really be proud of that piece.

Terry

Comment

A big congrats thats a very nice job well done..isn;t it a crime to paint that beautiful work and wood?
          Sam

Comment

I'm impressed! It reminds me of Old World craftsmanship. Great job!
            Jim

Comment

Nice looking table.

Comment

Originally posted by threecreeks3 View Post
                A big congrats thats a very nice job well done..isn;t it a crime to paint that beautiful work and wood?
                Sam

man i sure do agree with you on that, it is a shame to panit good looking wood like that. but man i wish i could build like that
                9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
                X