X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finished Cherry Ent ctr

Hi, this is a cherry ent ctr. It has three draws and two doors.Inside doors have adjustable shelves. The legs are solid 12/4 cherry tapered on two sides. I had to do a giant stop dado in the legs see sample pic. The black fabric is speaker fabric. It came out real nice. Only place that had plywood is the bottom and back. 100% cherry throughout.
    It was a commissioned piece.

Thanks for looking.
    Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment
    Attached Files

Re: Finished Cherry Ent ctr

Very sharp!

Are you going to add drawer pulls and/or door knobs, or leave it clean?

Comment

Very nicely done congrats
      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by steveKane View Post
        Very sharp!

Are you going to add drawer pulls and/or door knobs, or leave it clean?
        Client will add them.The doors are on push locks. So maybe they wont put any.My clients always add them for some reason, knobs that is.

Comment

Saaaaweeet Entertainment Center...

Unfortunately it's still on my "Honey-Do" list. Thanks for the inspiration!
          "It's always something...That's how they getcha'..."

Comment

Great looking project. I do have a question though. How did you go about making the dado? actually its more of a rabbit, but either way....

I suppose it depends upon the tools you have and the techniques that you are familiar/comfortable with. Personally I think I would have resawed the front and side from the legs, cut the remaining portion with a chopsaw, and glued the original pieces back where they were. No chiseling,routing, etc.

Comment

The speaker fabric gives it a great look. Can the fabric be replaced without too much trouble should it get damaged?
              Jim

Comment

Originally posted by JJCiesla View Post
                The speaker fabric gives it a great look. Can the fabric be replaced without too much trouble should it get damaged?
                I mulled over alot of ways of attaching the fabric.The out come was satisfactory. I took luan (1/8 ply) jigsawed a square frame.contact cemented fabric to it. Then put frame into a dado just like any other panle door. I then put door together with pocket screws an no glue.
                So it can easily be changed to whatever they want, glass, wood, or repairs.

Comment

Originally posted by LONGHAIR View Post
                  Great looking project. I do have a question though. How did you go about making the dado? actually its more of a rabbit, but either way....

I suppose it depends upon the tools you have and the techniques that you are familiar/comfortable with. Personally I think I would have resawed the front and side from the legs, cut the remaining portion with a chopsaw, and glued the original pieces back where they were. No chiseling,routing, etc.
                  I suppose that was a way that I didnt think of no-one mentioned when I was looking for ideas.
                  I cut a kerf to proper depths on two sides. Then I turned it 22.5 degrees approximately on the flat on a chop saw an put many kerfs in that way, towards bottom where the disconnect had to be. Then I ate away some more wood down there with chisels and forstner bits and then finished it up with chisel. I ended up getting big enough chunks out of legs to build draw sides. I also got anough out of plank to build doors with. It was a 7 foot 9 inch wide by 8/4 cherry. Cost was 210.00 after taxes.
                  I felt all the weight on the haunch of the stop rabbett was a good strategy for support.

Comment

Working...
                  X